A moutwatering dip for any event and it’s vegan too!
Don’t let the vegan aspect deter you. This may be vegan-friendly, but I assure you, any passionate meat eater is going to love these dips. Trust me, I’m a carnivore.
What we have here is a 7 layers of mouth-watering dip to cater for any occasion where you just want to kick back and enjoy some chips or crackers.
Hot For Food were even nice enough to share the ingredients and steps on their youtube page. But even so, don’t forget to visit their page, hotforfoodblog.com!
The Seven Layer Dip Ingredients:
C = Chopped
- 1 can (approx. 1 3/4 C) refried beans
- 3/4 C onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 C vegan sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 C cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 C salsa
- 1/2 C tomato, finely diced
- 1 C yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 C sliced black olives
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
The Seven Layer Dip Recipe:
- In a pan over medium heat sauté the onions in 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil for 1 minute and then add chipotle chili powder and sea salt and cook until soft and fragrant – about 3 more minutes.
- Add this to the refried beans and stir to combine well. Place this mixture in the bottom of your deep dish as the first layer. Spread so the top is even and the mixture gets into the bottom corners of the dish.
- Combine the avocado with lime juice, garlic, sea salt and ground pepper until smooth in a food processor (or by hand). Add cilantro, if you want, after the mixture is created in the food processor so you can still see the cilantro leaves in the mixture.
- Then add your sour cream layer on top of the refried bean layer. Then add your guacamole layer. Salsa is next. Then even spread the diced yellow pepper and tomatoes as the next layer, and top with black olives, and then green onion.Refrigerate the dip until ready to serve!